A lot of teachers I work with say they don’t have time for professional development but these webinars are just an hour and are perhaps a good way of kicking off your development for the year. I have my eye on the TDSIG Web Carnival and John Hughes’ webinar.
Here’s a round-up of free webinars for January and February 2018. An * means that you need to register. Let me know if I’ve missed by leaving a comment.
- Do you speak Emoji? | Shaun Wilden | Oxford | Jan 17 (1600 & 2030 UTC) & Jan 18 (1000 UTC)*
Using Social Media to Develop Storytelling and Writing Skills | Shakina Rajendram | Tutela | Jan 25 (1900 EST)*
- Augmented Reality for encouraging out-of-class learning| Hayo Reinders | IATEFL LASIG | Jan 26 (0800 GMT)
- Using games for win-win learning | John Hughes | Oxford | Feb 13 (0930 UTC) & Feb 15 (1600 & 2030 UTC)*
Colossal Failures and Amazing Successes: Mobile Devices in the ESL Classroom | Cindi Jones | Tutela | Feb 19 (0700 EST)*
- Making PBLA work in a continuous intake class | Tehreem Nathaniel | Tutela |Feb 3 (1030 EST)*
- IATEFL Teacher Development SIG Web Carnival 2018 | Theme: TD Success Stories from Around the World |Feb 24 (1300 GMG)
Varieties of English
- International English and its Implications for Teaching and Learning | Elizabeth Bekes and Marcela Carrasco | IATEFL | Feb 3 (1500 GMT)*
The Mixed-Proficiency Language Class: Challenges and Choices | Lena Barrantes | Tutela | Jan 22 (1700 EST)*
Managing Mixed Level Classrooms for Young Learner Teaching | Anna Hasper | National Geographic Learning | Feb 1 (1600 GMT & 2100 GMT)
Life & global skills
- Protecting the Environment | British Council | Jan 17 (0930 GMT)
- Access to Health and Food | British Council | Jan 31 (1530 GMT)
- It’s Good to Talk | British Council | Feb 21 (0930 GMT)
- Towards our Common Future | British Council | Feb 28 (1530 GMT)
- Making learning last: Creating memorable lessons for your students | Paul Dummett | National Geographic Learning | Jan 16 (1300 GMT & 1000 GMT)*
- Tips for First-Time Presenters at International Conferences | Marjorie Rosenberg, Božica Šarić-Cvjetković, David Dodgson and Helen Legge | IATEFL | Jan 20 (1500 GMT)*
- 3 ways to motivate learners (for elearning)| Cathy Moore | Jan 16 (1730 GMT)*
- The alignment of Young Learners and Key for Schools and the impact on learning | Lynne Stevenson & Mark Elliot | Cambridge Assessment | Jan 22 (1400 UK time) & Jan 24 (1000 UK time)*
Shelly Terrell runs a webinar every Friday at 1600 EST. More details here.